Thursday, May 29, 2014

Answered prayers...

Ok, so bear with me because I understand for non-infertile people this may not seem like such a big deal...

As any reader of the blog knows, the biggest halt in our fertility journey has been money. How will we pay for this? How can I ask my family to go in debt for a maybe? What if it doesn't work? All questions that I think about every single day. I feel like God is probably tired of hearing me pray for a solution to all of my worries...

..or maybe He isn't. Maybe my nagging diligence in asking for a solution is paying off. If you had any doubt, let me assure you - God answers prayers!

Recently, my company (through which we are insured) did some restructuring. A slight name change, and some added benefits were all I can really see as differences. Yesterday I got an email that our insurance was changing, effective June 1st. This sent me into a panic.

All things considered, I have really good fertility coverage. Florida doesn't require any coverage for infertility treatments, however my company purchased coverage out of Minnesota and that state does require coverage. Now, coverage gets really confusing so to break it down, under my old plan we had coverage up to a $10,000 max. This meant the first $10,000 spent on fertility treatments are covered (minus co-pays & medicines & freezing of any fertilized embryos). If the medicines I take are covered (some are some aren't) I would pay copays for them if not we would pay out of pocket. So, after all that being said, we were expecting that 1 IVF treatment would exhaust our max and cost us about $1500 out of pocket. Not bad at all, but if that that first treatment didn't work we would be stuck, paying any further treatment out of pocket (minus covered medicines).

Now, under the new plan, we just found out that $10,000 max is gone! NO MORE MAX. That is HUGE. As long as we are deemed infertile and that it's medically necessary for us to have treatment in order to conceive, we will be covered under the new plan. The new plan is out of Illinois - the most fertility-treatment-friendly state in the country. While the medicines and frozen embryo storage are expensive, they aren't nearly as costly as the bulk IVF procedure.

I am shaking right now. I feel like this can't be real. How did we get so lucky? How is this working out so well in our favor? Faith. My God is faithful. He heard our prayers, He felt our desire, and the whole time He knew this would happen for us, we just needed to remain faithful.

I realize that we just crossed the hills and are now heading into the mountains. I know IVF treatment won't be easy, and that it will require a lot of us. Money is just a small part of this whole process. At the end of the day, we have to face the fact that we could do IVF 10 times and it may not ever result in a baby. I don't think that will be the case. I trust that we are in the right place and well on our way to more Adams family babies. A very large weight has been lifted off of our shoulders. We can breathe a little easier, and lighten up a little. I am just so thankful, and so humbled.

AMEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment