Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Celebrating motherhood...

As you know (or should know) this Sunday is Mother's Day. A day to celebrate your momma, and all the wonderful things she's done in your life... It can be a bittersweet day for people dealing with infertility. For me, I am lucky enough to be a mom, to an amazing little boy.
I also am blessed with an incredible mom myself - who spent much of her life fighting for her kids. Growing up with 3 siblings was a gift she (and God) gave me and having her in my life made me who I am today. She worked so hard for us, she pushed us to be independent, strong, and loving people. She nailed it. She embodies everything I want to be as a mother. I watched her fight through some things that made me believe she had super powers, and I still believe that now.
I love you momma. You mean the world to me.
As we continue on in our fight to add more Adams' to this world, I ask that this mother's day, you reach out to someone you know that has dealt with the devastating loss of a child, or the inability to conceive the baby they desire. Those women are deserving. Those women are graceful and strong. Tell them you are thinking about them. Tell them you keep them in your prayers. If they are still in the fight, encourage them to keeping going, to never give up hope. We don't know God's timing, but when He delivers, it's a gift that is better then you can imagine.
 
Happy Mother's Day to all my momma friends and family members, & to all of those who want it more than anything.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment