Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Happy Birthday to ME!...

Today is my 28th birthday! Another year has passed and I am rolling like a freight train to 30. I don't mind birthdays, or I certainly didn't use to.

As a child, birthdays are almost as awesome as Christmas. Having a party, getting your way all day, and of course... presents.

As you get older, they seem to loose a little of their shine. I don't really have any issue with getting older. My life has gotten better with each passing year so far. Starting my own family, growing up, maturing, developing a stronger sense of who I am. These are all things that are benefits to the passing years.

Sometimes, though, birthday's can be tough for people who are waiting for a miracle. After having Jake young and being forced to grow-up, I always thought we would (or I would) have completed my family by the time I hit 30. Mike and I joked that when we are in our 40's we would get to live out our 20's except we wouldn't be broke like most 20 year-olds. Plus, I like being a young mom. God willing, I will watch my boy grow up and live his life.

So here we are - 4 years in to trying for number 2 and 2 years away from my "deadline". Sometimes I could swear that when I drew up my plan and set my imaginary deadlines in place, God just laughed. I know He isn't spiteful, but I also know that He knew all about the journey we were about to embark on. He knows every step before I take it, so I imagine my confident plan was comical to Him.

Anyone who has been through any sort of fertility treatment knows that with every passing year, your chances slowly tick down. Granted I have some time before this is a big concern, but the thought is always in the back of my mind.

All of that aside, I plan to roll into my 29th year on this planet with big hopes! I am thankful, so thankful for the life I have and the people that are in it. Big things are happening for us and I can't wait to see where I am May 21st, 2015!



No comments:

Post a Comment