Thursday, April 2, 2015

Nursery Sneak Peek!

Coming up with a theme that worked for opposite sex babies was a little challenging for me. I looked through a lot of options but in the end I couldn't find anything that I was really excited about. That's when I found CozybyJess on Etsy. She is a wonderfully talented lady who not only makes custom baby bedding, but she actually designs her own fabrics. These aren't fabrics she purchases at her local craft store - she actually designs the fabrics herself. This was amazing because she could coordinate fabrics for the babies without them being to similar - just what I was looking for. With her ability to create fabrics I could "girl up" Lawton's bedding while still coordinating with Anderson's slightly more masculine bedding. 

Anyway, here are some sneak peek pictures from our nursery... It isn't completely done but we are really close! Hope you like it as much as we do...


This is the door to the nursery - that chevron framed thing is a cork board where my plan is to put our first family picture of the 5 of us. You can see our deer head laying on the changing pad- he's hung up now and looks great! This room isn't very big and we are cramped for space so we utilize the closet a lot.

Also I should mention - with two babies on the way we are on a budget! So both the dresser and the cribs came from IKEA! I absolutely love this dresser - it's a white laqer finish and is very sturdy! The price - just $149. I wish we had the room for the 8 drawer dresser in this same style but it was to big for our space.

Next up - Lawton's crib!


Ok so - you can see some imperfections on the wall - those are currently awaiting Mike's handywork to patch and touch up paint. It's a little hard to see but her sheet  is little fawns in light pink, tan, mint, and navy. Her bed skirt is an Aztec looking geometric printin the same light pink and white, and her blanket in the corner is in the same coordinating colors in an arrow pattern. The only thing missing are her teething guards which will go at the top of the side rails and will be in the same arrow print as her blanket. There is a navy pillow in the crib that says "I'll love you forever" it came from Homegoods and I love it! The artwork I made - the frames are from IKEA. The mobile I made as well after seeing one similar on Etsy. The Etsy mobile was $65 - and I was sure I could make it cheaper. Especially since I needed two! All in all I got everything I needed to make two mobiles for about $40 from JoAnn's. Thanks to coupons and doing it myself I saved $90!!

Here is Anderson's crib...


Similar story on his! His pillow says "hello there handsome" ;). Again I made his artwork - the little green one is metal arrows I found in the scrapbook section. His sheets are bucks (since he's way to manly for fawns 😉) the stuffed baby deer in his crib was $7 at IKEA. His blanket is the same arrow pattern as hers but in his colors - we are also waiting on his coordinating teething guards to come in! The cribs, by the way, $69 at IKEA - if you've ever crib shopped you know what a DEAL that is! We choose to leave them natural wood - but the possibilities are endless - you can paint or finish them anyway you want!

I love how their little areas turned out! I wish you could see it in person - it's even cuter! The next time I post a picture hopefully the cribs will have something even cuter in them!! 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment