Thursday, March 26, 2015

30 week update...

How far along? 30 weeks today! 

Total weight gain: Lost another pound this week. The doctor still doesn't seem concerned. She said creating two humans is tough and my body is doing well enough. She did encourage me to take in more calories... Im trying. So far I've gained a total of 16 lbs.

Sleep: I've been sleeping like a baby. A newborn that sleeps for a few hours at a time and wakes up constantly... Although last night I had a 5 hour stretch so that was good!

How big are the twins this week? I didn't get measurements at my appointment yesterday. :( the growth scan will be in early April. Hopefully they are both 3 pounds or better!

Peak of the week: Getting a lot of the nursery done. We hung a bunch of art, did some organizing - put a bunch of baby gear together. I say "we" it was really Mike with my direction. Bless him. 

Pit of the week: I had a bit of a breakdown yesterday. I don't know how else to explain it but that I'm frustrated... I'm frustrated with the way I feel, my doctors office, just anything really. I'm at this weird point where I selfishly want the babies now but I know that's not what's best. I'm over the appointments and worrying and waiting but I know the best thing is to keep them right where they are for at least 4 more weeks. Don't get me wrong - I know without a doubt what's best for the babies and that it's only a few more weeks. I also know how uncomfortable these last few weeks have been and will be. All of that said I'm more than happy to wait. I don't know how else to explain it. I just want our babies. 😔

Miss Anything? Nothing new.

Cravings: no - sometimes I will have a random craving but not the same thing over and over again. This weeks I've really been wanting Cheesecake Factory.

Symptoms/Labor signs: Contractions (Braxton Hicks) - swelling, numbness in my feet, all of the typical last trimester stuff

Looking forward to: My mom is coming next week! I can't wait. She will help to perk me up and get some things finished around here!

So I've been on bed rest for about a week now. I'm allowed to be "on my feet" for about 2 hours per day. This is also Jake's spring break week so he has been home with me. Overall he's done really well and been very good about understanding my new limitations. Thankfully, my 2 sister-in-laws took him for a day to the water park and that helped tremendously. He also had a friend over to spend the night which was nice because they kept each other entertained. Aside from that he has become extremely protective over me and is constantly checking on his momma. He really has been so sweet. A few times he's even told me it's time for me to lay down! Ha. Anyway, he and I took the dogs for a little walk and the only time he would allow me to have them is when I asked him to take my 30 week picture. When we came inside he told me I needed to go lay down. He's taking the doctor's orders very seriously! So here's my pic of the week courtesy of my sweet boy! I'm feeling H U G E!

No comments:

Post a Comment