Thursday, April 16, 2015

33 week update...

How far along? 33 weeks today

Total weight gain: at my last appointment I was up a pound!

Sleep: It's been bad the last few nights

How big are the twins this week? I don't know for sure but I'm hoping baby boy is getting close to 5 and sisters not far behind.

Peak of the week:  getting through our first nst and getting to watch the babies on the heart monitors for a long period of time.

Pit of the week: how uncomfortable I've gotten. 

Miss Anything? Not really no.

Cravings: sweets

Symptoms/labor signs: YES! In the last two nights the contractions have gotten crazy. Today I caved and called the doctor. They told me to head right to L&D at the hospital so that is where I've been for the majority of the day. Hooked up to the monitors and getting checked for progression. Interestingly enough at my regular appointment on Tuesday I was not dilated at all but today I am at 1cm. Not a huge deal but clearly shows things are moving towards labor. They monitored my contractions as well as the babies heart rates for another two hours and rechecked again. While I am still 1cm  and the babies look great my contractions were relatively frequent (every 6-8 minutes) and increasingly strong. After consulting with my doctor they agreed to let me go home but only on strict bed rest and I have to carefully watch my symptoms. Timing contractions, noting intensity, etc. if they get closer together or stronger or my water breaks I am to head straight to the hospital. It was surreal being there. This is really happening. They also made me bump my appointment from next Wednesday to Monday as they want to see me right away after the weekend. Since I'm getting close to 34 weeks they probably won't do much to stop me if I can make it into next week. Ahh!

Looking forward to: I don't even know! It's such mixed emotions. I'm dying to have them but I don't want them to come to early. I just want them healthy and strong enough. It's all crazy!


Here's my bump photo this week! It's the best I can do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment