Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Today is a New Day...AMEN...

Last night I slept great. Which was shocking because all day yesterday all I could think about was how anxious I was and I just knew I wouldn't sleep. This morning I woke up and was determined to focus on my excitement about the future rather than my temporary fear.

While I was in my car I decided to jam to my itunes radio (btw - if you have an iPhone and haven't used this yet you are missing out!) and I typed in Chris Tomlin. Chris is a Christian singer and I love his music. As the station played (it will play random songs that are in the same genre as Chris) A song came on call "Praise You in This Storm" by Casting Crows. The lyrics spoke to me! I knew within the first few seconds I was meant to hear this song...

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

(Chorus)
And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

How beautiful is that chorus? It's even better when you hear it to music. This walk I am on is my walk - this walk Mike and I are on is our walk. God chose it for us and I will praise him all the way through. I know the path doesn't end in a hopsital post labor. The walk will continue and I know we will never be alone. Unshaken, unwavering, unbreakable.

No comments:

Post a Comment