Monday, October 14, 2013

Getting Back into my Normal Life...


Happy Monday! I am almost 1 full week post surgery and today I am back at work full time! I am feeling pretty good and it's nice that each day I feel more and more like my old self. I haven't taken any pain meds in 2 days, which I am happy about because I don't like taking them. ;)
Last week, after my previous post, I wasn't able to do much. Thursday morning I woke up determined to get up and go to work. I did, I showered, got dressed and headed downtown. Walking into work I started to feel a little bad. Mostly just winded and sore, but I made it to my desk and got my morning going. I didn't want to take any of my RX pain medicine while at work so I just took some motrin. After a few hours went by I started to realize I wasn't as well as I thought, my pain and soreness were taking away my focus, and I started to feel overwhelmed. When lunch time rolled around, I decided to just go home. As I was walking to my car in the parking garage, a little old man stopped me to ask if he could help me to my car. Clearly, I wasn't looking so hot. I declined but thanked him and tried to perk myself up a bit. Once I got to my car and sat down I started to cry. I knew I was pushing myself, but I really thought I could have gotten through the day. Surgery is no joke, and when I got home, I took two pills and slept for hours.
Each day got a little easier, and by Friday, I started to feel more like a human again, which was good because Mike and I were in a wedding that weekend! Our really good friends, Brian and Jacki were getting married and we were both really happy to be a part of it. We had such a good time at the wedding and everything was beautiful! Jacki was absolutely stunning and I am so glad I felt good Saturday.
I am really excited to go see Dr. Jaffe next week. She said she will have pictures to show me (gag) of my ovaries! She also said she would go into much deeper detail about the surgery and the outcome when we meet on the 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment