Monday, October 21, 2013

Time for a Change...

Ever feel like you just need to change something in your life? I do from time to time - and my go to is my hair. It's easy to change up your color or style, and the good news is - it grows back! The people that have known me for a long time, know that I will randomly completely change my hair style. About the same time we decided to start trying for baby #2, I started growing my hair out. Prior to that it was really short in high school and then I let it grow long (during pregnancy with Jake). After Mike and I got married I decided I would cut it short again - I did and I loved it, but as time went on I let it grow again. At that point, we had been trying for a couple months and I decided I would cut my hair again when I got pregnant. Well that didn't happen (obviously) and here we are 3 years later! My hair was long. Longer than it looks in pictures really - I mean it sat past the middle of my back. That’s what 3 years of prenatals and not getting pregnant will do I guess. :) Recently, I got the itch. I have been wanting to change it up a bit - but after having it long, for this long, I was wavering on what to do. Then I thought of 2 things - 1. I feel renewed since my surgery. I feel like this really is what needed to happen and that things are going to change for us. We will get pregnant! 2. This hair is weighing me down! Subconsciously - it was my security blanket - something I was holding on to. As silly as it may sound, sometimes infertility can make you feel less of a woman. So I think somewhere inside, me having long hair made me feel feminine. BUT, this is our time, this is our new start. I am resetting the clock on us trying to have a baby. I am starting over - putting the past 3 years behind me, and moving toward the future. So.....

Bam! 10.5 (give or take) inches GONE! I donated the pony tail to locks of love and never looked back :) The guy that was cutting my hair, just kept telling me how calm I was about losing that much hair. He said that most women that chop that much off are practically breathing into a brown paper bag. I was ready, excited even, no need to be worried. It's just hair. I feel SO light - I joke that my head feels like it moves a lot more now, like I'm a bobble-head.
So here's to a fresh start! I cut off the dead weight, literally, and I am excited for what's ahead. A new, positive outlook. Hopefully my hair isn't the only big change on me in the next few months!!
We go to the doctor tomorrow! I will update the blog with specifics of the appointment and our new plan as soon as I can! Keep us in your prayers :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment