Monday, October 7, 2013

Pre-Op Appointments...

Happy Monday!
I don't know how you envisioned your day going but mine has turned out slightly differently than I was expecting. I had my pre-ops today and had to be at my doctor's office at 11:15 to do what I needed to do there. Usually our doctor's office moves really quickly so I was suprised when I realized I had been sitting in the waiting room for 30-40 minutes. Once I got back with the nurse she explained to me that 2 of the 3 of my doctor's nurses were out today and they were running behind. No big deal, just eager to get things over with. They checked vitals, went over procedural stuff, ran through what I can expect, had me sign away my life and sent me over to the hopsital.
Once I got there, I virtually had to repeat everything - except this time I was in a waiting room for three and a half hours. A waiting room filled with people who needed surgery. It was freezing cold and the one tiny tv was on CNN repeating the same 4 news stories over and over and over again. Once they finally called my name I had to sit with a lady who checks you in and (of course) takes your money. I knew I would be paying some money today but I had no idea what amount. I was a little shocked when she tried to collect $800.00 from me. Yeah, you read that right eight hundred dollars. That doesn't include the anthesiologist charge - which I can only imagine what that will be. Thank the Lord my insurance covers 90%, or the surgery would have been more like $8,000 out of pocket, but still - thats a BIG pill for my family to swallow. So I will be lifting that up in prayer.
After my wallet was emptied, I had to go back to the waiting room and wait for one of the nurses to call my name. When it was finally my turn, I had my blood work drawn, answered more questions, signed more forms and was finally told I could go. I hauled it to Wendy's, ate chicken nuggets and headed back to work for a few hours.
I want to take a minute to say how thankful I am to my co-workers. How wonderful they have been to me through this and how much easier it has made this process on me. I pray they stay patient with me this week and I hope they know how happy I will be to get past this and get back to work.
I am sure tonight, the nerves will settle in and I will find it hard to sleep. For now, I feel ok about everything. I don't like being in a hospital, I hate anthestia and the thought of going under, but I am not fearful. Of course, I will ask that you keep me in your prayers. Pray for my doctor, for my nurses, for me, for Mike and Jake. I know I will be praying!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment