Thursday, March 12, 2015

28 week update...

How far along? 28 weeks today!

Total weight gain: I lost 2 pounds so I'm up a total of 20 now. My doctor wasn't concerned - between water retention and my body burning more calories daily it isn't abnormal.

Sleep: It's been slightly better. I have been taking a warm bath each night which is helping still.

How big are the twins this week? I have their weights this week! My doctor appointment was Tuesday and at the ultrasound Lawton weighed in at 2lbs 4oz while Anderson is at a chunky 2lbs 11oz. 5lbs of baby in this belly!

In all black today - mourning the loss of my belly button ;)


Peak of the week: Seeing the babies again. :) I am so spoiled with my ultrasounds every appointment. It's been a month since I saw them last and they are so much bigger! Jake also had his first baseball game of the season. He caught a pop fly for an out at 2nd base and got on base every time at bat!

Pit of the week: I had my glucose test and two shots at the doctor this week. My arm is still SO sore. You'd think I'd be better about needles after IVF - nah.


Miss Anything? The ability to see my lower body without a mirror. Picking things up off the ground - shaving my legs with ease...

Cravings: Nope - it's getting more and more difficult to eat.

Symptoms/Labor signs: I swear each twin has grabbed a hip and pulled this week. When they aren't yanking on my hips they are using my bladder as a spring board. My contractions are getting increasingly harder to ignore and I'll get into it more below, but my cervix is beginning to shorten some. Oh and my poor feet and ankles cankles... I am starting to swell.

Looking forward to: Jake's first soccer game of the season this weekend, followed by my baby shower on Sunday. Although finding something to wear may be the "pit" next week. It's getting harder to keep this bump under clothing!

28 Week Doctor's Appointment Update:  This was the first time I have gone to the doctor alone for a check up. Mike has been at every appointment, but due to his new job I told him to not worry about getting to this one. He didn't like missing the ultrasound but I brought him some pictures and honestly, the ultrasounds are more about checking measurements, my cervix, etc rather than watching the babies move. Anyway, the babies look great. Both are right on track and measuring pretty closely. Anderson has 7 ounces on his sister, which doesn't sounds like much to us, but when you think that he only weighs 43 total ounces it is a large increase over Lawton. The doctor told me they will continue to monitor the weights but that they aren't concerned with anything until the gap in weights gets larger (like over a pound). Anderson did flip to head down from breech and Lawton is more head down and less transverse now - giving us a much stronger chance at a natural birth. That being said the doctor would like to see baby A (Lawton) be the "bigger" baby. She said it doesn't rule out natural birth but it does make it harder. At this point I'm just leaving it up to God and trying not to think to much about the birth or stress about it. I will do whats best for the babies - period. My cervix was measuring (width wise not dilation) at a 5 and had dropped to a 4 in the last month. A 4 is still considered good but once it drops to a 3 or lower things get a little more risky. For this reason and my swelling, the weight of the babies, etc I have been given my date of "bed rest". March 24th will be my last day working and from the 25th on I have to take it easy and stay off of my feet as much as possible. We need these babies to stay put until at least April 30th to give us the best chance at them coming home with us from the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment