Friday, February 27, 2015

26 week update...


Just call me big momma, ha!
 
How far along? 26 weeks 1 day!

Total weight gain: I honestly would rather not know this week. If you ask my back it would tell you my stomach weighs 1000 pounds.

Sleep: It's been up and down - rough at the start but last night I slept like a champ! 

How big are the twins this week? About the size of a butternut squash apparently. I have somewhere between 5 & 6 pounds of baby in there. They are growing and I am feeling it! By the way, if you're pregnant and looking for a good app for your phone I really love the OviaPregnancy App. It has so many great resources and helpful information. The twins are beginning to open their eyes this week and all major organs are developed and working at this stage of pregnancy. From here on out my body is just working to fatten them up for strength and immunity. I can't believe it.

Peak of the week: Our shower thrown by one of my super awesome friends/co-worker. It was for all of my co-workers and we had a great time. Not to mention all of the awesome baby gifts! Here is a quick group shot (although a bunch of people had left already)...

Thank you Denise for a wonderful evening!


Pit of the week: So far in this pregnancy I have been able to pretty much eat whatever I felt like without any issue. Tuesday night, after the work shower, I woke up at about 2 am in misery. What I thought must be heartburn quickly turned into a full on war on my stomach. It was a rough 12-14 hours but I managed. Since then I have had heartburn off and on but with watching what I eat and some pregnancy approved heartburn meds I am feeling MUCH better.


Miss Anything? Flexibility - I'm not asking to do a split but at this point I can't touch (or see) my toes. Simple everyday tasks are becoming impossible. When I drop something on the ground I just stare at it for while. Putting on pants requires a post game nap. Shaving my legs is a job I have to mentally prepare for.
Cravings: This week it has become a little harder to eat. Things are feeling so full in there. It's a strange thing to feel both starving and full at the same time. I haven't really had any particular cravings. By dinner time I typically have to force myself to eat.

Symptoms/Labor signs: Contractions are back. My stomach gets crazy hard and you can see it tighten up! My back has been really bad this week again - I need to give in and go get a belly band support thing.

Looking forward to: Getting the nursery substantially complete this weekend *hopefully* - I made a to do list of tasks that need to be done before I hit 30 weeks and I want to try to knock some of that off this week. I am also looking forward to our trip to Charleston next weekend! It's our Charleston baby shower and my last weekend where I am allowed to travel! It's crazy to think this will be my last trip home before I am a mom of 3. I can't believe how quickly the last few months have gone. Of course I also can't wait to see everyone and celebrate the babies next weekend. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment