Friday, February 6, 2015

23 Week Update...

How far along? 23 weeks 1 day - Happy Friday!

Total weight gain: Still unsure but I will have an official update for you next week after I go to the doctor. I would guess somewhere between 5-10 pounds.

Sleep: I'm adjusting. Sleeping on my side constantly has some challenges. Believe it or not it took me like 3 weeks to figure out why my shoulders and upper back were hurting, but then I realized it's the new sleeping positions. I do have my big pillow and it helps, but I'd love to have one night of uninterrupted sleep - no bathroom breaks or having to readjust or flip sides. I guess uninterrupted sleep is a thing of the past at this point! ;)

How big are the twins this week? Apparently they are each about the size of a bunch of grapes and should be just over a pound in weight.  - my other app says they are about the size of a large grapefruit.

Peak of the week: Our family made a big decision for our future this week, and while it is scary and unknown it is also exciting and new. More to come on it later, but it doesn't have anything to do directly with the babies.

Pit of the week: one word. Hormones. They have been cray cray this week. I have cried so much. Happy cry, sad cry, angry cry, exhausted cry, uncomfortable cry, sentimental cry. You get the idea..


Miss Anything? uhh... being a rational human. ha. Nothing material at the moment. Anytime I start to miss something they start kicking/punching/dancing and I can't help but smile. Even when it's my lungs they are practicing kickboxing on.

Cravings: nothing specific this week. I just crave food in general!

Symptoms/Labor signs: Hello Braxton Hicks. They have made themselves known in the last week or so. While they aren't a sign of real labor, they are a sign that my body is moving towards labor and that is both exciting and scary!

Looking forward to: Seeing the babies next week! With twin pregnancy you get an ultrasound at every appointment. Really, not to look at the babies per say, but to measure your cervix. Luckily our ultrasound girl rocks and always gets us some peeks.

Before you take a glance at this picture, let it be known that I apologize for slacking with a bathroom selfie (from work no less)... the last few days have been busy and I forgot to get Mike or Jake to get a real picture... :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment