Friday, January 23, 2015

21 week update...

How far along? 21 weeks as of Thursday


Total weight gain: I'm not sure - I've decided not to weigh myself at home, only at doctor's appointments, but I would guess I've gained 2 more pounds.


Sleep: It's ok. I am sleeping pretty well. Getting used to sleeping on either side all night. I have to flip a lot and go to the bathroom a lot, but no issues falling back asleep.


How big are the twins this week? According to my pregnancy app they have/will grow a lot this week. Measuring at about 10.5 inches long each. That means I have about 20 inches of baby in my stomach. To put that into perspective - that's what a lot of babies are born at or around. They both should also be getting pretty close to tipping the scale at one whole pound!

Peak of the week: They are moving like crazy. I still have a hard time feeling Anderson because his placenta is anterior, or in front of him. It absorbs most of his movement. While I have been assured that he is fine, any mom can tell you, feeling your baby brings you a certain level of peace. This week, even though I can't feel much, I've been able to see him moving. My stomach has entered the phase of distorted shapes and weird temporary lumps. Sometimes I swear they are in their duking it out for who can move the most.

Pit of the week: I think I must be having a serious surge of hormones every evening. For some reason, for the last few nights, at about 6pm I enter into a state of grump. Nothing triggers it. Nothing makes it better. I just get grumpy and everyone around me drives me crazy. Poor Mike and Jake. :(

Miss Anything? The ability to breathe easily. I'm pretty sure Anderson's feet are in my lungs and when I'm sitting he likes to let me know he needs more room. The other day I was panting and the president of my company walked by. He stopped and came back in to check on me... I assured him I was ok, just a baby taking up my breathing space.


Cravings: Earlier this week I wanted Key Lime Pie. That was probably my only specific craving, although I've just been wanting anything lately... I go from 0 to 100 on the hunger scale in like 30 seconds.


Symptoms/Labor signs: Nothing new to report. No labor signs and just growing pains really.


Looking forward to: The weekend. Mike and Jake are heading to Daytona for the Rolex 24 hour race so I plan on doing some nursery accessory shopping. :)
 
 
 
- We did our hospital tour Thursday. The lady that walked us around was very nice and super informative. The hospital is nice and the rooms are large. She even went on to explain how our time will be a little different given twins. I was a little bummed to find out that regardless of if the twins are born vaginally or via c-section, the birth will take place in an OR. Because it is fairly common for Baby A to be born first and Baby B to enjoy the new found space of the womb, they have to have us ready in case an emergency with B arises. I appreciate their preparedness. I really do. I just know the environment of the OR is a lot different than the room I will be laboring in. Sterile, bright, blah. I have to keep reminding myself that they are trying to cover all bases and do what's best for our babies. Aside from that, I really did like the hospital and Mike did too. It is quiet and warm feeling. The nurses are very friendly (the few I met anyway) and I am looking forward to my time there. They are huge on skin to skin contact, breastfeeding, and more time with mom and dad. Even if a situation arises where they have to go to NICU they want us with the babies as much as possible and will work with me to make sure I am pumping and getting them strictly breast milk.
 
Over all I have been growing more nervous about their arrival, but yesterday I was longing for it. Don't get me wrong, I want them to stay in and grow to a healthy size but I am dying to check in and meet them at the same time. I heard a newborn let out a little cry as we were walking through and it brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to meet our two.


No comments:

Post a Comment