Friday, January 9, 2015

19 weeks!

How far along? 19 weeks 1 day!

Total weight gain: As of my last doctor's appointment I'm still down 3 pounds. IVF made me gain weight, not eating in the first trimester made me loose it - overall I'm still 3 pounds lighter than I was pre-pregnancy. Fear not! I am eating now and my doctor doesn't seem to concerned. She says it's fairly common with multiples to not see any real weight gain until you get past 20 weeks.

Maternity clothes?  HA! Are you joking? That is all I can wear. The only things that technically aren't maternity are my undies (I just bought up a size) and my tank tops and anything I steal from my husband. The tanks are from Costco and they are long and super soft so they work for now. I know in a month or two I will have to switch over to maternity tanks.

Sleep: I sleep like a rock. The issue is how often I wake up to go to the bathroom. I think right now I'm averaging 4-6 trips per night. At my last appointment the doctor told me as I get closer to 20 weeks I really need to try to sleep on my left side, so that has been my focus. Trying to lock myself in with pillows. It works for most of the night.

How big are the twins this week? They should be right around 6 inches long weighing in at about 8.5 ounces.
 
Peak of the week: Jake running to tell me bye this morning. He kissed me, kissed the left side of my tummy (home of our girl) and then fist bumped the right side (where baby boy hangs out). This is the first time he has really taken the time to specifically acknowledge them and it nearly made me cry.  

Pit of the week: My breakdown. I broke down this week. I'm a little stressed about all we have going on and prepping for the babies as well as the pressure and uncomfortableness that has really set in this week. It's going to be fine, I just have to keep telling myself to take it one day at a time.

Miss Anything? Cold, draft cider beer and raw tuna. I don't miss wine which use to be my go-to happy hour beverage. Instead I really want a cold cider. When I'm out to dinner and I see a tray of beers go by my mouth waters. So weird.           

Cravings: all things peanut. chocolate. fries. lucky charms. cheese.       

Symptoms/Labor signs: The babies are moving. Like I've mentioned before I can feel little girl a lot more but I am starting to feel her brother too. A lot of the time it feels like they are rolling around, but I have also felt some quick sudden kick like movements. I am also having a lot of pressure down low in my belly. I asked the doctor about and she says it's a combination of the babies putting pressure on my organs and my body stretching. Another lovely symptom... boogers/mucus. I am full of snot. I must blow my nose 40 times a day. Just another typical symptom I have to work through! :)

Looking forward to: Our 20 week appointment next week on Thursday. They will do our official gender scan, but it is also a long appointment with time set aside to check out their development and growth. They will look at all the organs, the heart, brain, etc to make sure it's all developing properly. I am confident that all is well, but it will be nice to get to see so much of them. I am also hoping for some good pictures to share.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment