Thursday, January 15, 2015

20 Week Update...

How far along? 20 weeks

Total weight gain: +1! That's right I am officially one pound over my starting weight. Since my last weigh in (a month ago) I've gained 3 pounds. To hit and pass my starting weight. The doctor said I look great at that the weight gain is healthy. He also prepped me for a surprise jump the next time I step on the scale.

Sleep: I'm adjusting. I bought myself a body pillow last week and I've been using it to help me sleep on my sides. Mike says I traded him for the pillow, ha!

How big are the twins this week? The size of a banana - they are measuring, both, at exactly 20 weeks so they are about 6.5 to 7.5 inches long and weigh just under 12 ounces. They have to weigh 12 ounces before the ultrasound machine can give an exact weight. I should have weights at my next appointment!
 
Peak of the week: Seeing the babies on u/s and hearing how they're doing. 

Pit of the week: My anxiety always peaks a day or two before my appointment and this week was no different. I cried. A lot.

Miss Anything? This week - feeling rational. Being able to eat without misery following. I get so full that it makes it hard to breathe!

Cravings: Right now I could really go for a chocolate chip muffin...

Symptoms/Labor signs: back aches, lots of stretching pains, stuffy nose, and my heartbeat has been thumping in my fingers. Especially when I'm holding something. Doctor says its normal!

Looking forward to: Jake's soccer tournament this weekend and a prenatal massage on Saturday!


Jake took my pictures this week and he did a pretty good job if I do say so!

Our appointment went perfectly today. Mike and I got to see the babies in full detail for a little over an hour which was awesome. Every body part, every measurement - all perfect. Their growth and development is exactly where it should be, their hearts looked strong and healthy. All brain measurements were normal. I feel so much better knowing they are flourishing so far. We owe it all to our Maker. What a blessing!

As for me, the doctor was really pleased with how well my body is handling the twins. My cervix is nice and strong, measuring well into the safe range. And my parts are all doing what's necessary to help these two grow. Aside from being uncomfortable, everything is great. He also gave me some good ideas to help with my back pain. 

Anyway - here they are! Some of the better pictures from our scan...
Their two sweet heads snuggled up together.

Lawton's sweet face

Anderson's lips and chin in the middle

Anderson - showing off

Lawton giving us our final confirmation that she's team pink

And my most favorite- an upside down glance at how the twins are in relation to one another. Anderson is on the bottom of this picture with his sister's legs in his face. You can't make out her head, but you can see where it is. The lining between them is about as thick as a grocery bag so they are always up close to each other. (Really Anderson is on top and Lawton is at the bottom of my belly)

No comments:

Post a Comment