Monday, June 23, 2014

We have officially begun...

Last week, our little family loaded up the car and headed to Anna Maria Island, FL for 4 nights at the beach. It was wonderful. I can't say enough how much we enjoyed our time away to just do nothing. We swam, and played, and ate and slept all through the week. It was great. I can't wait to go back to AMI next summer, I think it may have to become a regular thing!

If you read my last post, you know we were pretty much just waiting for me to start my new cycle. Going into vacation, I still hadn't started and was on CD 36. My cycles never run that long, and I knew I wasn't pregnant, so I just kept anxiously waiting for it to begin. Finally, on day 38 - 2 days into beach vacation, I started. Of course! If my period had started "on time" It would have been finished before our trip, but no, it had to start right in the beginning. What luck!

Any who, this also meant I had to leave the beach and find a lab for some blood work that was required by my insurance before I could begin IVF. Luckily, there was a lab about 10 minutes off the island, and I was able to get that done and out of the way in time. I also started my birth control pills, which will allow me to take control of when my cycle begins again, so that we can get IVF going!

At this point, I am just waiting to hear from my insurance, that we are approved to move forward with IVF. It is a little nerve-wracking, even though the nurses and insurance girls at my doctor's office have assured me that it shouldn't be an issue. I will ask for your prayers, that all gets handled and approved in a timely manner, allowing us to move forward with our plans. I should know something later this week, fingers crossed!

Soon, I will have my final pre-IVF appointment with my nurse, we will go over what medications I will take and when, as well as set our timeline. I can't wait to get going through the process, and hopefully to have some amazing news to share in the next month or so, God willing!

As soon as I begin my fertility medicines, I will make sure to post details and updates of where we are in the process. It's going to be a lot on us, and on me in regards to the drugs and administering them. I will be praying for calmness, strength, and courage to get through it as well as peace and patience to help manage the stress and anxiety that comes with waiting to see if it worked. It is all so exciting, and I just can't wait to be on the other side of this!

The blog has really taken off and I feel like God is using me to be a light to it's readers. Every day I log in and see new web traffic, people from all over the world have come to Please Baby Please and that is amazing to me. I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate you reading along, and taking the time to share the blog with friends and family. I love watching it grow and we love seeing the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment