Monday, June 9, 2014

{im}patiently waiting...

Infertility, like many things in life, can be a complex bag of emotions. One minute you are filled with hope, the next you are crushed. Unlike many other events that can have this same effect in life, with infertility treatment, chances are, you are taking some hormone that makes that situation even more dramatic. It funny and screwed up, all at the same time!

Right now, for instance, I am sitting here praying for my period to start. Praying for the one thing that is the only true sign that you are not pregnant seems backwards, right?

Don't get me wrong... If I am pregnant (which I'm not) I would be over the flippin' moon. However, I am eager to get this next phase of our treatment underway, and we can't do that until the da'gum cycle begins.

As of right now, we have a tentative appointment scheduled with our RE (doctor) for Wednesday at 12:30pm. That is where we will sit down and map out the plan based on my test results. Tentative, because if my cycle doesn't start tomorrow, none of this can happen. I will have to cancel the appointment and reschedule when my cycle does start.

Ugh. That's the thing with infertility... it's always hurry up and wait. When all you want is for someone to give you some concrete answers.

So, hopefully, the next time I am blogging will be to tell you that we were able to keep our appointment and lay out for you our IVF plan. We are right there, and it's driving me crazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment