Monday, June 22, 2015

The twins are one month old...

I know I know it may seem small but let me say a month with twins should be celebrated! While I wouldn't change a thing and couldn't love them anymore, their addition to our family has been a big transition! 

They are a lot of work but they are fun and so sweet. The personalities are beginning to show and they are so different already!    

Lawton is so sweet. She is happiest when you're holding her and she can look around. She's already loving her play may because of the hanging toys to look at. She doesn't cry much but she will yell! Usually it's because she has gas or wants something new to look at! She's completely stolen her dad's heart, who was a little worried about having a girl after being used to the boy thing. I hear him telling her all the time how sweet and pretty she is. She's got him wrapped!

Anderson is my snuggle bug. He is also a very good nurser! Sometimes too good! He is notorious for eating a little too much and making himself spit up. He is very vocal and let's you know when he is hungry or cold or needs a diaper change or just wants to be snuggled. He loves to lay in my lap and stare at me while making the cutest faces.

The nights are off and on but honestly I think we are pretty lucky. Right now we are averaging two 4-5 hour spans a night. It still isn't easy getting up in the middle of the night. It's tough when you finish up with one baby and remember you have another one waiting, but we are getting the hang of it and I know it could be way worse!

I also have to say Jake has been the worlds best big brother! He helps with whatever I need. He keeps them happy when the paci falls out, he runs to grab me a diaper or wipes or a spitty cloth. He isn't phased by their crying and never complains. He loves to show them off and kisses them goodnight before bed. Since he's out of school right now he is the reason I'm not crying in the corner some days when Mike gets home! I seriously don't know how I would have done these first few weeks without his help!

Mike celebrated his Father's Day with 3 on their one month birthday! We spent the weekend in Anna Maria Island on the beach. We took turns with the babies in the house and with Jake down on the beach. I can't wait until they are old enough to really enjoy the beach and pool, but for now we kept them cool and they slept in the shade with fans on them while we played. AMI is one of our favorite places. This is only our second trip there but we plan on making it our annual summer family vacation! The beach is beautiful and the island is so laid back. I wish I had more pictures but honestly I put my phone away and am glad I did! 

Well we did it! We survived the first month and we are getting into our routine and our new normal as a family of 5! If you would, just pray for patience for us. We are so thankful for the blessings of these two on our lives. God is so good and we are reminded of that with every cry, nap, feeding, tummy time, etc. They, and all babies, are perfect miracles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment