Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Making Progress...

So here we are! Day 15 of my cycle. In the last 5 days I have had 2 doctors appointments... The first was last Friday. They did an ultrasound and identified several follicles with one "lead follicle" measuring at about 10mm - they also did bloodwork to monitor my hormone levels and sent me off. The nurse called that afternoon and asked if I could come back Tuesday morning for another check. Which brings us to today. Another ultrasound, more bloodwork! This time, the lead follicle was measuring at almost 17mm.
For healthy ovulation, a follicle should be somewhere between 18-24mm and ovulation can occur anytime between days 11-22 of your cycle.
Given my new measurements and bloodwork, the doctor told us to do the trigger shot Friday night. Ahh! Now, that I know when exactly it will be happening, I keep thinking about it. Probably too much! I am such a wuss when it comes to needles. Especially when they are being administered by a wonderful husband (who is by NO means a nurse) with a history of goofing around.
All of my nerves aside, today the nurse was going over the shot instructions with me and said, "The best way is for you to sit hunched over in a chair where he can easily pinch your stomach fat (side note: I don't have to hunch in a chair to get to stomach fat sweetheart) then just have him pinch the fat and pop the needle in like he is throwing a dart." Oy Vey! A dart? Just pop that sucker in my FAT. Oh wait, it gets better... she then says, "once thats done, make sure he pulls the needle out quickly and straight, then you two need to have relations starting that night and for the next 3 nights." Because I don't know about you, but nothing screams sexy more than me hunched over with him pinching my stomach fat. I swear, sometimes I think God is getting a kick out of all of this.
When I told Mike about this he said, and I quote, "you wanna go to to victoria's secret?" haha I am dying. Bless his heart.
All of this can surely take a toll on the romance in a relationship. It isn't easy to make it seem like you aren't just maiting. Having a funny husband helps that a lot. I am very thankful for his involvement in all of this and for making me laugh when I don't think I can. He has been so patient with me, willing to listen to my crazy, hormone-driven collapses. Today, prior to the nurse calling, I had one of those. I was upset about everything and nothing all at once and he patiently let me rip him a new one while he told me how beautiful I am, inside and out... Either I am the luckiest girl ever, or he wasn't listening. ;) Either way, he's the right one for me and I thank God each day for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment