Thursday, December 4, 2014

Hello 2nd Trimester...

Today marks 14 weeks as well as a very happy ADIOS to the first trimester!

This is a big deal, as anyone who has ever been pregnant knows. Even though my RE doc was very comfortable with the stability of our pregnancy at 6 weeks (when we first heard the heartbeats) it is still a major milestone.

Maybe if I keep telling myself that I'll stop worrying and relax a little....

...ha.

Anyway, about a week and a half ago we got to see our babes again! The last time we saw them they looked like..well.. gummy bears.


This was at 8 weeks, so when we got to see them last week I was right at 12 weeks 4 days and WOW how they changed. No more little gummy bears! This time we had full on little people!


Up first, Baby A. He/She was so cooperative. The ultrasound tech was able to get every angle she needed, and all of baby A's measurements were perfect. Praise God! He/She was showing off for the camera, ready for her/his close up. Of course, Jake (our 8 year old) is convinced Baby A is a girl because "Girl's like to take pictures and stuff". ;)






Sorry it's a little more blurry scanned then in person, but hopefully you can make out Baby A's sweet little face. In these pictures he/she is laying on it's back the head is to the right and you can probably identify the nose. The brighter white line on the back is the baby's spine. For anyone that believes in the "dangle theroy" This baby's dangle is turned downward and is a little easier to see in person. This would indicate that Jake may be right!

Now on to Baby B - the baby that as the tech said "is going to keep me up at night". Baby B was wild. He/She was in the upright position when we first saw B. (I hate calling either of them it so for now I'll just go with A or B). B looked like he/she was jumping on a trampoline. We even got to watch B do a front flip then spin around to face towards A. We were almost an hour in before the tech could get B to hold still long enough to get the pictures she needed.




Baby B's shots are a little clearer. You can also see in that third one that we may have a thumb sucker on our hands. Jake sucked his thumb, and this time around I will do everything in my power to get that thumb out and a paci in. Don't get me started on dentist bills. This is right after Baby B's front flip when he or she finally wore itself out. Jake's theroy on Baby B "B is definently a boy because boys like to jump and kick and stuff". Baby B's measurements were all right where they should be as well. <3

On each baby we got to see all fingers and toes... crazy to think there are 20 fingers and 20 toes in my tummy right now! I can't tell you how amazing it is to know there are 3 hearts beating in my body - it honestly brings tears to my eyes.

Each time I see them I cry a little. The road to this place was rough. At times, I really felt like I may never get to expierence this again, but today I can stand here as a testimony that when God puts a desire on your heart if you chase it with all your might and trust in His plan you will get the result that fills your heart.

Here's one more pic of the two of them in a side by side shot. This is before Baby B flipped...

That is the screen shot of a modern day miracle.
 
 
As for me, I am feeling much better. I still have my moments, but honestly, nothing like before. I can eat again! I gained a pound as of my last appointment, and my energy feels better than it did. No pregnancy is the same some are easy (Jake) some are tougher... My version of a hard pregnancy may be your version of an easy one. All I can do is compare it to my previous one and with that I can tell you, this one has been harder. I still think I got off pretty easy. Some of the poor women in my IVF support group have been SO sick. So really, I would still say this pregnancy has been good to me so far. I think to, I've come to be so appreciative of the expierence that I will take whatever it throws at me, especially if it means these two beans are healthy!
 
 
We will get to see these two again this Saturday. We are going in for an optional ultrasound to try and get a determination of gender. Hopefully they both cooperate and we will be able to determine the sex of both. Mike and Jake are convincened that A is a girl and B is a boy. I guess that is what I think too. I had one dream about the sex of the babies, a few weeks ago, and that was the outcome in my dream. It really doesn't matter either way, except that it will enable us to move forward on planning.
 
Funny enough, I think Mike is dying to know and I am a little more willing to wait. Two of our sweet friends are throwing us a gender reveal party for out family and close friends (aka our biggest supporters through our journey) back in Charleston on the 13th. Once that has happened I will figure out a way to share with all of you. Maybe a video from the reveal...
 
 
All of this is just so exciting. Sometimes I have to pinch my self. I am really looking forward to the day I first feel them moving! 



No comments:

Post a Comment